Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hooray, I'm back!!

Hooray, I am back.

Just in case you haven't figured it out by my absence.  My new grandbaby is here. Liam Jeremy made his appearance Saturday, July 30th at 8:30 am.  He came in at 8lb 3oz and is at least 22 inches long.  He looks longer to Nana.

Everyone is doing fabulous. They only had to stay 24 hrs in the special midwife unit at the hospital.  Very neat set-up they have going on there at Carle Hospital in Champaign, IL.  Many thanks to Midwife Ray Spooner, MSN, CSN  He is an incredible guy!

What a mood lifter this has been.  I was able to stay with the family throughout the short labor and delivery.  Then went back to their house and spent the night with newly crowned, big sister Lily.  Oh what fun we had.  We watched some Mary Poppins and Despicable Me, two of her favorites.  We laughed and played on Sunday then welcomed home the new brother.   I will be staying with them on the days Daddy has to work just to help out a bit.  What a lovely time in my life.  I am truly blessed!

So on to knitting.  For some strange reason, I have the urge to knit some baby socks.
I found a really cute pattern for socks not booties and a bit of yarn from The Fiber Closet.  I decided to go with Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo in colors 132 - Putty and 139 - Ming.  I will keep you posted on my progress.

I haven't made much progress on the stealth shawl pattern lately.  I have been a bit preoccupied.  I also have an interesting story to tell you about a box....a magic box.  You see, I came home on Sunday to find a huge cardboard box full of lovely, garden fresh, shucked sweet corn sitting in the middle of my kitchen.  Well I jumped right in and washed, prepared, bagged and froze it.  I left the empty box on the kitchen floor and didn't give it another thought.  Off I went to my daughters house Monday morning.  Spent a lovely day helping them out and snuggling some grandbabies.  When I walked back into the kitchen Monday night.............lo & behold.........the magic box was once again full of beautiful, shucked sweet corn.  My spirits sank just a bit.  I was so very tired but I once again prepared & froze it.  75 ears this time. Took me into the wee hours of the morning to finish.  Then, I stumbled off to bed thinking about all the errands I had to take care of on Tuesday.  I hit the floor running the next morning.  Just as I headed out the door.........I paused.  Hmmmm, maybe one last bit of business to take care of before leaving.  I carefully set that box outside.  It worked!  I have no corn to work up tonight.  Just lovely resting & knitting. Of course I did have a bit of dinner made from the stash I held back from the freezer.
Now tomorrow I may try putting the box back in the kitchen as I will be gone all day & my darling husband will be home all afternoon!

I will let you know how this experiment turns out.

My outlook has indeed improved.

  • It's still hot but I have air-conditioning.
  • I am sleeping because I am not waiting on a phone call & can take Benadryl for the allergies.
  • I now have TWO beautiful grandchildren.
  • Daughter2 has never looked happier.
  • An October visit to daughter1 is a week closer.
  • Sock Summit is done so I can get over my envious thoughts - till the next event ;-)
  • All appliances are currently working - knock on wood.

So life is good and I am back to my mostly cheerful self!

Until next time, HAPPY CREATING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment