Saturday, January 12, 2013

A New Year....A Renewed Focus

Welcome 2013.

This past year has been full of wonderful family & fiber events.  I fully expect 2013 to be just as awesome.

The last few months of 2012 were so very busy for me.  We had graduations, trips and some minor family emergencies that just seemed to keep me on the run and away from the studio.



A bright spot in the day
However it is now the "dead" of winter.  I wonder where that phrase comes from?  Anyway, Jan & Feb are usually the time period that I hunker down here on the farm.  I love to work near the window and watch the winter rains, snows, winds and wildlife.    








Living in central Illiana you are never sure what you will see outside!

Cat won the race.  (late summer)

There may be snow, wind & near white out conditions for a day or two

Ambush in the planning stages
Beauty in a gray day.



















followed by near 60 degrees, balmy breezes, which in turn usually bring a thunderstorm with heavy rains.
Taken in the early fall


This makes it a lovely time for me to get in some designing, work on projects for the spring fiber festivals and recharge my batteries after the frenzy of holiday gatherings.

I hope you have all had the best possible end to 2012 and may you start 2013............

Refreshed
Revived
Recharged

                                     and most of all............ filled with renewed inspiration for life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment